Enriching life for the many.
Cooking, eating, drinking, lounging. We believe everyone should enjoy these simple things in life. We want everyone to be a better cook. A charming host. A beloved friend. We want to enrich everyone's daily life. Every day. That’s our ambition. It is our mission to increase sales for the worlds’ top food retailers by changing their shoppers behaviour.
Our purpose? Enriching life for the many. Together with retailers, we develop short-term campaigns that increase sales while exciting, engaging, and inspiring their customers. Since launching three years ago, L has already acquired some of the biggest names in grocery retail, stretching from Sydney to São Paulo. They include Coles, 7-Eleven, REWE, Intermarché, Esselunga, Conad, Coop, Super Muffato and Jumbo, just to name a few.
Together, the Founders of L have over 1500 years of experience in the loyalty industry. We combine this knowledge with data-led shopper insights to get to the bottom of who our target audiences are. This, coupled with a thorough understanding of our clients’ business, allows us to provide tactical loyalty solutions that no other in-store marketing campaign can – increasing visit frequency and basket size, and attracting new shoppers.
Learn more about L below. But first, let’s talk about you.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Share our passion for enriching life for the many.
- Live our values of Entrepreneurship, Accountability, Caring and Sharing.
- Be an ambitious, eager-to-learn individual who is keen to contribute towards the success of our company.
Here at L, we can offer a career in a dynamic, international environment with a strong entrepreneurial culture. You will be part of the Finance team, based out of the company’s headquarters in Den Bosch. The team currently consists of a CFO, five Financial Controllers, three Business Controllers, two Treasurers, and a Tax Director. You will be responsible for general tax management with a focus on tax reporting and compliance, and will report to the Tax Director. Your job will be performed in close contact with other departments, such as Supply Chain Management and Product & Brand Management.
Major responsibilities include:
- Managing the Group’s tax compliance and (external) reporting requirements.
- Ensuring the accurate and timely filing of all relevant tax returns in all jurisdictions with external service providers and internal finance teams.
- Preparing the tax calculations for the Group financial statements.
- Managing the Group’s intercompany relationships and ensuring that they meet the ‘arm’s length’ principle at all times.
- Ensuring the existing transfer pricing documentation is kept up to date, or that new documentation is created to support all intercompany relationships.
- Providing tax advice for ongoing projects, and support to all other business activities, structures, and commercial transactions by identifying and evaluating alternatives and recommending solutions.
- Managing withholding taxes.
- Monitoring changes in tax legislation, rulings, and regulations and understanding the relevant impact by recommending and implementing the responsive action to existing positions.
- Communicating the impact of tax law/accounting changes on business operations, and leading change efforts to ensure compliance.
- Effectively managing relationships with outside tax advisors, internal and external auditors, and tax authorities.
- Proactively managing the legal entity structure and providing recommendations to improve tax efficiency and operational flexibility.
- Assisting in setting up new entities/closing entities as required.
Required skills and experience:
- Academic Dutch Tax Law or Economic Tax degree and a keen interest in developing and maintaining technical tax knowledge.
- 5 years’ experience in the international tax arena, preferably as in-house tax counsel or within a Big 4 consultancy or similar.
- Familiarity with VAT legislation.
- Flexible, pro-active, and communicative.
- Hands on, structured, precise and results oriented.
- Able to translate strategy into actionable objectives in the short-, medium- and long- term.
- Able to take ownership of personal and professional development.
- Good time-management skills, able to work according to tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills, able to translate complex business issues into simple problem statements, clear processes, and actions.
- Able to function well within a multicultural, dynamic, and versatile environment.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Dutch.
Nice to have:
- Experience with implementing tax automation solutions.
What we offer:
- A key role in a dynamic, fast-growing global company
- Competitive compensation
- The opportunity to shape your own day-to-day work
- Flexible working hours & working from home arrangements
- A high degree of autonomy in a vibrant, results-driven, inclusive teams
- A beautiful office in the city centre of 's-Hertogenbosch
- A pension plan
- Transport expenses covered
- A laptop, keyboard and screen for your home office
- Daily lunch prepared by our chef, weekly drinks, and regular fun team activities
- Access to the L gym
What does it mean to be a Founder?
It’s a mindset. You want to enrich other people's lives. You are an entrepreneur and feel like a Founder. You like to set new standards and believe in freedom and self-supportive thinking. You feel the need to take care of those around you, and you want to help bring our mission to the next level. Sound like you? We would love to hear from you.
Step in and be a Founder.